Pages

Friday 18 May 2018

Felley to Moorgreen - evening stroll



It's necessary now to visit my parents several times a week, and I wanted to add something a bit more fun into our trips, so, with the lovely weather we've been having, I decided to check out Google maps and Streetmap for possible interesting places to walk. 




I stumbled on this path after our recent visit to Felley Priory bluebells woods. It starts not far from there - in fact from a farm named Felley Mill - and follows a stream towards Moorgreen Reservoir, then alongside it, although at a distance. 








It's a pretty walk, mostly flat with a good path if you stick to the bridleway, heading through mature woodland with swathes of garlic in flower at this time of year, smaller clumps of bluebells, and sneaky glimpses of the reservoir (access to its banks is reserved for fishermen)





















I over-estimated the distance though, and before we knew it had reached the 'B' road at the far end of the reservoir.
Moorgreen reservoir as seen from the road



















Beauvale Lodge at the
turning-around point


It's not far from Eastwood, at the heart of DH Lawrence country, and at our turning round point I found an information board with details of a 5 mile walk exploring further afield - perhaps one to try another time.





garlic in flower










It's yet another of those areas which despite being close to the area I grew up in, and having driven along that particular stretch of road often enough, I've never explored, so something to add to my #60things list.







1 comment:

  1. The very reason I started my blog was because as an adult I realised there are so many places close to where I grew up that I had never explored. Lovely to find new walks. #outdoorbloggers

    ReplyDelete